- Euros and Dollars on the French side.
- On the Dutch side mostly dollars but you can also pay in Netherlands Antilles Guilders
- On the French side the power is 220 volts, 60Hz.
- For any US appliance it is essential to have a transformer and an adaptor!
- There is water source in St Martin/ SintMarteen, water is coming from desalinization system and is very expensive, please do not waste.
- You can drink water coming at your sink.
- On the french side landline numbers have 10 digits and start with 0590 and cell phones with 0690
- On the dutch side, dial 1 721 (area code) followed by the 7 digit phone number.
- If calling from the French side start with 001 721 (…).
- The Time difference with mainland France is 5 hours in winter and 6 hours in summer.
- From East Coast to the USA St Martin is 1 hour ahead in winter.
- In summer there is no difference time
Reservations must be accompanied with a 25% deposit of gross rental price, reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of deposit. Final payment for villa rental period is due:
- 30 days prior to arrival for any booking from 15 April to 15 December
- 90 days prior to arrival for any booking from 15 December to 10 January
- 60 days prior to arrival for any booking from 10 January to 15 April.
Cancellation and refund policy:
- Cancellation from 45 to 30 days prior to arrival will result in the loss of 25% of the gross rental price.
- Cancellation within 20 days prior to arrival will result in the loss of 100% of the gross rental price.
- Christmas and New Year’s bookings are completely non-refundable.
- Island Escape is not liable for any injury or damage to the renter or any person in their party while occupying the residence.
- The renter of the villa shall be responsible for all acts of their party or anyone invited into the villa during the rental contract period.
- All guests are required to give a major credit card as a security deposit.
- Caution amount is 25% of the rental amount but no charges will applied to the card unless there is damage to the villa or it’s contents during the rental period.